This free stairs calculator lets you compute easily once you input its parameters such as the total height of stairs, rise, total run, and angle, stringer length, based on height, run, tread, and headroom requirement.
Stairs Stringer Calculator
Input Details of Stair Calculator
If you are confused about the stairs stringer calculator’s various inputs , here are the explanation about each of them :
- Height of Stairs Required – As the term suggests,the height between the base floor where the stair starts to the next floor
- Maximum Riser Height – As allowed by the building code.
- Minimum Riser Height – Again the building code will specify a minimum riser height.
- Minimum Tread Depth (run) – This is should be measured from the face of the riser to the face of the adjacent riser without the tread nose.
- Minimum Tread Overhang – Minimum nosing overhang.
- Maximum Tread Overhang – This is the maximum nosing overhang typically limited by the building code.