The BMI calculator or Body Mass Index calculator tells you whether you are lean ,overweight, underweight, or just normal. The BMI, is a ratio of your weight to your height. Thus , it not only takes into account your weight , but the weight in proportion to your hieght
Our BMI calculator is the fastest way to have an idea of your health status -ie. whether you are lean, overweight or underweight..
Calculate BMI using Formula
So the body mass index formula to calculated BMI is as follows:
BMI = weight / height².
While creating the BMI , we have incorporated both English measurement (Length -ft & inch, Weight=Pound) and Metric measurement(Length-Meter& Centimeter ,Weight=Kilogram (Kgs))
What are BMI ranges?
There are seven ranges within the BMI scale:
- A BMI below 18.5 is considered underweight
- A BMI less than 20 may be reported as lean
- A BMI range between 20 and 25 is considered ‘normal’
- A BMI of 25 or more is considered overweight
- A BMI of 30 or more is considered obese (class I)
- A BMI of 35 or more is considered morbidly obese (class II)
- A BMI of 40 or more is considered extremely obese (class III)